Adult Protective Services

Do you know of an adult in your community who may be vulnerable? Perhaps they are living alone in a deteriorating state of health or in a detrimental or abusive living condition.

We will take calls from concerned people in the community as well as referrals from other organizations or agencies.

A trained social worker will assess the referral over the phone and determine if an experienced social worker needs to go to the home to evaluate the situation in person.

We will try to arrange for the appropriate services by contacting other agencies in the community. In a few cases the problem of competency arises. 

When this happens, we assist the family and the court system to make the best decision to help improve the at-risk adult's situation. For more information, call (609) 518-4793 and ask to speak with a Social Worker in Adult Protective Services.



Next | Webmaster