Burlington County Board of Social Services


Our building is currently closed to the public until further notice due to the coronavirus public health crisis. However, our employees are available by phone from 8 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are encouraging residents to apply on-line for benefit programs and to have telephone interviews instead of face-to-face interviews.

Also, new applications and paperwork can be placed in our mail/drop box, which is by the welfare entrance at the back of the Burlington County Human Services Facility. New Applications will also be available near the dropbox.
Paperwork can also be mailed to us at:

Burlington County Board of Social Services
795 Woodlane Road
Mt Holly, NJ  08060

Attention SNAP recipients: If your case is due to be recertified in March or April and you were unable to get your paperwork in or complete your interview, your case will not be closed. You will receive your benefits on the usual day. Your case will be recertified at some point in the future, once this public health crisis has settled. In the meantime, you will continue to receive SNAP benefits.

To Apply On-line
You may complete an application on-line for most programs by clicking on the appropriate link below:


Please call one of our agents if you have general inquiries, request the status of your case, or need  to report any changes in your circumstances such as your household size, address, employment or income.
You can reach an agent by calling (609)518-4839 or (800)342-0047 ext. 4839.
We can also be contacted by email at customer.service@bcbss.org.

Our agents will be glad to assist you!

Agency Fax Numbers


New Applications  609-261-8069
SNAP Recertifications  609-261-2999
Interim Reporting Forms and Changes  609-261-9530
Customer Service Call Center  609-518-7429
Emergency Assistance (Housing)  609-265-2294
Adult Protective Services  609-261-5098
Adult, Blind, and Disabled Medicaid  609-265-0816

Additional Information

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

NJ Department of Health

Call the NJ COVID-19 & Poison Center Public Hotline at 1-800-962-1253 or 1-800-222-1222

Burlington County COVID-19 Information

Comcast Internet Essentials help during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

PSE&G help during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Benefit Questions and Answers

What is the best way for me to apply for benefits?

If you need to apply for cash assistance under the Work First New Jersey Program (Cash programs-TANF and General Assistance) or SNAP food assistance, please apply online at NJHelps.org. Once you have applied online, interviews will be conducted by phone so you do not need to come to the office.

What if my benefits are expiring in March or April?

If your Work First New Jersey (TANF or General Assistance) case is due to be reviewed in March or April, you will get a 60-day extension and do not need to come into the office at this time.

During the COVID-19 crisis, am I still required to go to the work activity that I am required to do for my SNAP, TANF, or General Assistance case?

If you are a Work First New Jersey cash assistance client or a SNAP food assistance client, work activity requirements are temporarily suspended.  If your activity is still open and you still want to attend, you may continue to do so.  If you were not assigned an activity or your activity is no longer available or accessible due to the public health situation, you will not lose cash assistance or food assistance for not going to your work activity. This includes the GA 28-day protocol.  If you are in the middle of your protocol, you do not need to continue to attend your work activity.